Patisserie D'Or

Bakery: Patisserie d'Or
Address: 301 Robinson St, Oakville, ON
Website: http://www.patisseriedor.com/
Style: French, European
Price: $$$

This is the second bakery on my brother's trip to Oakville. This time, I actually did get the chance to eat this one. It was, in fact, my treat from the day's hunt, and I was pretty impressed with what I got. It's a little bakery/cafe likewise in downtown Oakville, but tucked away more on the side streets, but this place was way more "wow" than the previous visit at Black Forest Pastry Shop. And when I say way more, I mean waaaaay more. This place is a French patisserie and chocolaterie, and no doubt has the usual lunchtime fare that most places have.

My brother picked out for me an apple tart ($5.25). When he said it (and continuously complained at the price, which is a little high, but standard for French pastries... it's inevitable), I wasn't too excited in it. It certainly didn't sound very French, but ha ha that all changed when I took a look at its... prettiness. Now, isn't it fancy with it's so thinly carved layers of glazed apples and the fan of chocolate and little piece right in the middle. To be fair, I gave away the chocolate to the buyer of this little piece of art and he was really impressed, especially with the chocolate in the middle, which was coating a chocolate wafer. Me, I really enjoyed the tart on its own; it certainly wasn't the best I've tasted, but it was really tasty, although the apple sauce filling was a little... not the greatest texture to have in a tart. I think more of a pie filling with big chunks of apple would have worked better here. The sauce was a tad too mushy, especially in contrast with the slices on top. ((wow, you really didn't think you could get something so technical from me, did you? ;DDDD)

I'll definitely try to return in the future, although I think I'd really like to try their apricot and almond tart next time. Sounds yummy and we can see how it compares to the same thing at Paris' Dalloyau (a future post, I promise you!! ^^). Still, I was pretty impressed to find such a place relatively close to where I live... Mississauga definitely won't have anything of this level here. -________-;;

Rating: ***

2 comments:

  1. I suggest you try the triple chocolate mousse cake next time, I personally looved it! Also the Fruit danish and chocolate almond croissants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the comment and I'll definitely take it into consideration when I visit this place next, especially since your recommendations *do* sound pretty delicious! ;)

    ReplyDelete