Dessert Deli [International Correspondent]







Bakery: Dessert Deli
Address: 716 Maple Rd, Buffalo NY 
Website: http://www.dessertdelibakery.com/ 
Style: North American
Price: $$-$$$ 

Dessert Deli is the second bakery I went to in Buffalo. This one is probably the "fanciest" bakery I've seen in Buffalo, or if there's another one similar I'm not sure where it is. They don't have any bread or baked goods and are, like the name says, just desserts. You can order and eat it there or they also do catering and big orders for parties (like cakes and pies).

Besides the usual cupcakes and cookies, they also have more fancier cakes, but these are pretty expensive. I remember paying more than $6 for an individual cake, but I have to give them credit for experimenting with new flavours and combinations and they put effort into the decorations too. I had an egg nog cake; it sounds a lot weirder than it tasted. It was pretty good. I liked the cookie on the bottom.

I don't really remember what the other thing was. I know it was something with chocolate, probably the chocolate raspberry cake like what I saw on their website? I only know that I liked it too.


Dessert Deli was pretty good. It didn't beat going to Swedish Bakery which is the other review I just did, but I could go again for the cakes.

Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment