The Baykery [International Correspondent]







Bakery: The Baykery
Address: 21 Bay St., Barry's Bay ON 
Website: n/a
Style: Canadian, North American 
Price: $-$$

[editor's note: this place definitely gets points for wit and originality with that name! ;D Bay St in Barry's Bay -- how fitting and oh so punny]

This summer, we went to Barry's Bay and noticed Baykery, so we decided to stop and check what they had. I'd call the bakery's selection pretty good and including a lot of traditional favourites like cookies, pies, tarts. That sort of thing. We actually ended up taking a few things and I liked them a lot, but some were better than others. I think they were well priced, though I don't remember how much anything cost; I'd say pretty cheap.

First, I picked out a pecan tart, because I like them. I don't remember there being anything special about these ones except that they were good. Maybe the tart shell fell apart too easily or was too soft, but I can't think of anything bad.

The next thing was an apple fritter, which was my favourite out of everything and probably the best apple fritter I had that wasn't Mennonite. This was really good. I liked the dough and all the apples in it. I'd recommend the bakery (the "Baykery") just because of the apple fritters.

The third thing was kind of disappointing, because I thought it was filled with fruit, like some sort of date square, something like that. Actually, it turned out to be a peanut butter and jam square, so I didn't really like the idea of it. It was chewy, so I liked that, but wouldn't take it again.

Finally, as the fourth item, I picked out a Chelsea bun, which is basically like a cinnamon bun with raisins in it. I thought it was okay. I had nothing against it, but the apple fritter was really the best out of everything. I would definitely recommend it.

Rating: ***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment