Rhino Coffee House

Bakery: Rhino Coffee House
Address: 430 Campbell St, Tofino BC
Website: https://www.rhinocoffeehouse.com/
Style: Doughnuts
Price: $$ 

Well, according to Google maps, there were supposed to be two bakeries in the town of Tofino, which got me super excited at the prospect of having a special Tofino tag on the Cake Tour. I went there and found the second one gone, emptied out -- it looked like it hadn't been there for a long time. Dejected, I turned the corner back onto the main street in town and saw the sign "donuts" in the window. That was Rhino Coffee House. I can't believe I actually stopped for a moment to think about it!

Rhino Coffee House roasts their own coffee, serves breakfast and light meals... and makes gourmet doughnuts. About half a dozen varieties of doughnuts, all $3.00 each, many of which incorporate some sort of alcohol. Doughnuts and booze: the people of Tofino know how to have fun. :P There were the old fashioned with beer as well as apple fritters with cream cheese and beer. Was there an Irish cream one too? Something along those lines. All I knew is that it was a difficult decision. And my decision turned out to be the right one.
The London Fog doughnut was a yeast doughnut stuffed with Earl Grey cream and topped with a white chocolate glaze on top; it looked so good that I knew it was going to be a high-ranker. The only bit of criticism I had was that it was too small (realizing this after the fact XD). One bite was enough for me to be transported to doughnut heaven: perfectly fried exterior, super fresh and soft on the inside, with a burst of swoon-worthy cream and tasty white chocolate. It was like everything I wanted and loved in one doughnut. I was in a state of ecstatic shock. *-* Hands-down, no contemplation needed: perfect score and then some!

Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment